The Best City for Beer Drinkers Is a Total Surprise
Milwaukee? St. Louis? Neither of them hold a candle to the premiere city for those who love their suds.
Coming in at number one is a metropolis that no one will be believe when you say, “I knew it.”
Asheville, N.C. — home of…of…well, something cool, we imagine, but can’t think of without going to Wikipedia — tops the list.
The rankings were compiled by analyzing five factors:
- Number of microbreweries and brewpubs
- Number of microbreweries and brewpubs per 100,000 residents
- Average Yelp score of breweries
- Number of bars per 100,000 residents
- Average price for a pint of domestic draught beer
When you combine this list with the one for cheapest cities for beer around the globe, you’ve got the makings of a won’t-be-able-to-forget-but-too-drunk-to-remember road trip that will be the envy of all your drinking buddies.