The next time your dentist wants to stick a power tool in your mouth, you might want to make sure that all of the parts are on securely. If not, you could end up with a drill bit flying down your throat and sticking into one of your lungs.

As insane as it sounds, that is exactly what happened earlier this year to a 60-year-old Swedish woman during a routine dental implant surgery. According to reports, the woman was lying in the chair getting drilled (no, not like that) when the drill bit came off and tonsil throttled her. “She tried to spit it out, and was made to cough, but she’d already swallowed,” said the hospital’s medical chief Per Weitz.

She was immediately taken for X-rays, which showed the three-centimeter piece of metal embedded in her right lung. Doctors say they were forced to perform an emergency bronchoscopy to remove the object. “A pinky-sized tube was sent into her lung with a small camera and pliers to grab hold of the drill,” said Dr. Weitz.

The woman spent a month at home recovering from the tumultuous affair, which is reportedly the longest it has ever taken any woman to bounce back from having something fly down her throat while being drilled in the mouth.