Watch ‘Macho Man’ Randy Savage on ‘The Arsenio Hall Show’ Just Because it’s Awesome
Say what you want about professional wrestling in the 80’s and 90’s, but it was entertaining as heck and nobody sold it better than ‘Macho Man’ Randy Savage. So it did our hearts good to find this 1992 interview with the Macho Man on ‘The Arsenio Hall Show.’
It was really a very hard-hitting piece of investigative journalism in which we learned a lot about the real Randy Savage, including:
- He’s the “tower of power, too sweet to be sour, I’m funky like a monkey, sky’s the limit and space is the place.”
- He was not a racist—he wore both black and white boots.
- He was pretty confident he could beat an Ultimate Warrior doll because of his size advantage.
- He never “totally denied” allegations that he was “a huge psychotic lizard,” but added “it kinda sounds sexual, so I’ll roll with it.”
- He was a macho baby.
- He admitted to experimenting with anabolic steroids, but said it gave him “one hell of a case of PMS.”
- If he lost to Ultimate Warrior at SummerSlam, he would shake Warrior’s hand, “but he better not turn his back on me after that—I’ll nail him.”
In case you’re curious, Ultimate Warrior won the match by count out, although Savage was allowed to keep the WWF Championship belt due to interference by Mr. Perfect and Ric Flair.
The Savage/Warrior/Hogan era of WWF WWE was a big part of our childhoods and, in these troubled times, we could all use a little more Macho Mania in our lives.