Meet the Dallas Cowboys New ‘Coach’ – The Elegant Lady — Which Will Probably Get Fired Eventually
Jerry Jones, the over-the-top owner of the Dallas Cowboys, and his coaching staff will travel in style this week at the NFL Combine, all thanks to the Cowboys’ new seven-figure price tag bus. The motor coach, dubbed “The Elegant Lady,” made her official debut this week in Indianapolis after wowing crowds briefly earlier this month at the Super Bowl. The ride costs roughly between $1-2 million.
The luxury ride sports some impressive stats: it’s forty-five feet long, 8’6″ wide, and 13 feet tall. Everything’s bigger in Texas, right Jerry? Other amenities include:
- Several glass display cases that hold Tiffany crystal sporting figurines
- a kitchen with refrigerator and microwave along with several hidden coolers around the bus
- three Blu-Ray players to go along with nine televisions including one outside for tailgating
- seating areas that sit 20 people comfortably
- and, of course, customized Cowboy logos on the interior of the bus in the flooring and on the exterior of the bus for decoration
Team bus driver, Emory Tyler, really likes the amenities of the new bus. He has been driving the official team buses for 14 years, and during that time has seen major upgrades to his “facilities” during that span. Not only has he driven four different luxury buses for Jerry, he also witnessed the construction of Cowboy Stadium.
Mr. Tyler has seen a lot during his time with Jerry and the Cowboys … one thing he has not seen, however, is a championship of any kind. Maybe, unlike all of Jerry’s other toys, “The Elegant Lady” will bring Emory’s team luck come Fall.