This is the complete opposite of safe sex.

A couple in Vietnam wound up in a hospital with a variety of injuries after they elected to have sex for the first time -- using a plastic bag as a condom.

The two college students suffered genital lesions, abrasions and bleeding. The man was reportedly too shy to buy condoms, so he did what he thought was the next best thing. No word if it was double-bagged for her pleasure.

The couple is expected to be fine.

Britain's Mirror reports, "According to the doctor, plastic bags, having no elasticity and lubrication, are entirely unsuitable for this purpose."

Thank goodness there's a medical professional who can verify this for us because us common folk would have no clue that the same material used to carry all those SpaghettiOs from the Piggly Wiggly would not be suitable when knocking boots.

More From GuySpeed